- All visitors must present a picture identification card in order to visit (except for minor children). NO EXCEPTIONS! An acceptable identification card is a Driverís License, State ID, or Military ID Only.
- Inmates are only allowed two (2) twenty five (25) minute visits per week.
- The inmates are allowed only one visit per visitation day.
- All minor children (under 17 years of age) may only visit on Sundays (for male inmates) and Saturdays (for female inmates) and must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or legal counsel.
- If there is more than one person that shows up for visitation with an inmate, determination on who will visit is based on a first come first served basis. The individual that registers first will be the one allowed the visit. We will no longer allow the individuals to share visitation times.
- All visitors must be dressed appropriately. Visitors must be wearing shirt, shoes, pants or shorts. No provocative or revealing clothing (no miniskirts, short shorts, low-cut tops, etc.) will be allowed, it will be the officer assigned to jail lobby security to determine whether or not the clothing is appropriate.
- Visitors are not allowed to take any items (no purses, backpacks, etc.) into visitation. The visitors may either secure these items in their vehicles or in the lockers provided in the detention facility lobby.
- Food products, drinks, or gum will not be allowed in the visitation area. If the visitor takes these items into visitation area the visitor will be removed and not allowed to complete the visit.
- No contact visits. Exception: peace officers, parole officers and probation officers.
- All visitors and inmates will observe all Kaufman County Detention Facility rules and lawful orders given by Detention Personnel. If any visitor or inmate refuses to comply with a rule or lawful order the visit will be terminated.